Have you ever had that awful flooded kitchen or utility room due to your washing machine suddenly breaking down? This problem always seems to occur at the most inconvenient time and is a pain in the behind to clear up all the mess. Not only will you incur the cost of having a washing machine repair man visit your home, but there is also a real possibility that other damage could be done to the kitchen floor or any wood coming into contact with the floor. Whilst it’s impossible to guarantee that your machine will never let you down, here are 5 simple points for you to remember which will help to keep your machine running healthily, and keep the repair man at bay:
1. Don’t overload your machine lg washer repair pasadena. This is a really simple but often overlooked step in ensuring that your machine will run well. I suppose it’s pretty obvious that if you overload the machine by adding more clothes than is recommended by the manufacturer, it’s likely that you will be heading for trouble. Parts will wear out and fail much sooner.
2. Ensure all pockets are empty by checking them carefully for coins and other small objects which could potentially cause a breakdown. Whilst this sounds straightforward, how many times have you heard the sound of rattling coins in the drum as it spins? Probably too often.
3. Keep the filter nice and clean. Check the recommendations in your makers instruction manual for how often you will need to do this. In the past you have probably left this job too long, blocking up the filter and encouraging all sorts of other problems. The bits and pieces that find their way into the filter will amaze you and the sooner it’s cleaned the better.
4. It’s well worth considering using a water softener with each wash to help minimalise the buildup of limescale on the heating element and also other vital parts of the machine. Try looking at all the water softener you add to each wash as an investment for the future, as the minimal outlay could possibly save you a great deal of money further down the line.
5. Clean the soap tray regularly to avoid a constant buildup of sludge and soap. If you’ve ever seen a really neglected soap tray, you will no doubt understand that this will only encourage problems. So there you have 5 very straightforward, simple but nevertheless important points to remember to help prolong the working life of your washing machine. As I said earlier, this does not guarantee that you won’t ever need the services of a repair man, but hopefully he won’t be required as often.